- July 30, 2020
- Posted by: user
- Category: COVID-19
We have been asked recently about the employment marketing over the short term.
Here are my thoughts:
- The irrational herd behaviour will continue for several months. Not sure why people worldwide are panic buying toilet paper!
- The government package will help but not stop job losses.
- Jobs in the government sector may not slow down to the same extent as private sector, due to the government desire to keep the economy moving as best as possible within the world economic environment.
- Hard to tell about contract roles yet.
- The government still has an agenda of projects/workstreams etc happening & leading into an election will want these reforms to continue. The government activity will continue. There are likely to be permanent roles & at the time of sending this we have active permanent roles. This week we have also placed contractors in roles.
- Talking with hiring managers over the past few days, they seem to be still looking at recruiting if they have needs & budget. We have not at this stage had any roles pulled.
- I think it is a time to be considered & see how things shake out over the next few weeks.
Email us if you want advice. Take care of yourselves.