- July 30, 2020
- Posted by: user
- Category: Uncategorized
Over the past week I have had 4 people describe workplace stress & how they reacted in an angry manner – which they would not normally do.
According to some report’s workplace stress has increased over the past 20 years. To help my sanity here is what I do most mornings around 5.30am:
- take my dog for a walk
- meditate 20-30 minutes, great to slow my mind & get some control
- practice Tai Chi
- have started journaling most mornings. I look at what I have learnt, what I need to improve, some Goals for the day, things that are on my mind or bothering me.
This a great way to break in the day when no one else is around, while it is hard getting up the rewards are worth it.
I also get to the gym 4-5 times a week which is great to blow out the cobwebs. As I get older, I find that weight sessions are great to build up muscle tone & strength.
From our friend google other recommendations are:
- Taking some time out in nature
- Get moving.
- Remember to breathe a proper breath. When we are stressed, we tend to shallow breath.
- I like to remember the old Persian saying – “this too shall pass”. Also,” will I remember this problem/situation in 6 months, 2 years”?