- July 30, 2020
- Posted by: user
- Category: Tips
So you are think of a new role as a next step or you have a longer term vision.
Here are some things to consider.
- Define your goals, what do you want in the longer term? Be specific.
Identify people who have roles you would like as a guide.
- Identify the skills you need to do your ideal role. Assess your skill gap, what do you need to develop or grow, then build a skill path, how will you get there? Think about a reasonable timeline.
- Build the story of your journey to now & then a story for the future. This should be for you & also for perspective employers. Show the tread of how you got here & where you are going.
- Use mentors & advocates to accelerate your journey
- Get moving now
- Keep a record of your achievements so you can use these in your CV – this is part of your story.
- Explore new education or training opportunities in your journey
- Build your networks. This needs to be genuine & authentic – not handing out your business card at business functions.
- Life has a way of throwing a spanner in the works – be flexible.