- July 30, 2020
- Posted by: user
- Category: Recruitment
Here are some facts from international research:
- More than 33% of candidates have made their decision about a job within the first 5 minutes of the interview, or even sooner
- Nearly 50% of candidates decide whether they would or wouldn’t accept a position straight after the initial meeting.
- 20% know if they are interested after their first communication with the client
- Less than 10% wait until they have completed interviews to decide
- 7% decide during contractual negotiations
- 70 % of job seekers turn down a job if their first impression is sub-standard
- 35 % would not take a job if they didn’t like the reception area
- 50 % are swayed by the interviewer’s dress sense
- 60 % are swayed by a handshake
- 59 % are influenced by how the interviewer wears make up
- 42 % would be more likely to take a job if they liked the manner of the office receptionist
- 44 % admit they’d probably turn down a job if they didn’t like the room they were interviewed in
- 51 % would turn down a job if they were kept waiting too long
- 58 % said banter and/or small talk is important.
It does matter!